Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Booking
The prices of holidays displayed in search results are in Euro (€) and are subject to availability. You are strongly advised to read and are responsible for reading the Holiday Information on the site for further details. Insurance is extra and it is recommended that you purchase travel insurance at the time of booking.
Changes to existing bookings
For substantial changes to existing holiday bookings (such as last minute flight changes incurring rescheduling airport transfers, travel date changes, name changes for guests travelling) admin fees may apply.
All members of the travelling party must possess a valid passport. Be certain to apply in time. If you fail to obtain the relevant documentation before you travel you will be solely responsible for any costs which you incur as a result of that failure. We shall not be liable for any such costs.
All deposit payments are non-refundable.
Cancellation is subject to refund forfeit conditions. Please see the table below:
|Days Prior to Start date||Forfeit % of total holiday price|
|Deposit not refundable||Deposit not refundable|
|0-21 Days||No refund given|
For example. If you were to cancel 27 days before your holiday begins, an 80% forfeit applies to the total price of the holiday. Your refund would be 20% of the total holiday price.
Geneva to Nice/Marmotte Granfondo Alps Terms and Conditions
Please note Geneva to Nice and Marmotte Alps have their own terms and conditions. Please familiarise yourself with them prior to booking.
Your privacy is important to us. Full details can be seen here.
Policy for e-bikes in our Cycling Holidays
We restrict the use of e-bikes to Leisure Group rides.
Taken into consideration that Training Groups consist of riders with a certain level of fitness it would not be harmonising or safe to have e-bike riders in such Training Groups. The presence of an e-bike would create unbalance and resentment from riders within the Training Groups.
The e-bikes can go in the Leisure Group but must comply with the legal requirement outlined below:
UK EBIKE DEFINITIONS AND THE LAW
The UK legislation was harmonised with EU law EN15194 in April 2015, and there have been no changes thus far following Brexit. For now it's pretty clear in defining what can - and what cannot - be called an e-bike.
Your steed is an "electrically assisted pedal cycle" (or EAPC, or ebike, or Pedelec) if: the bike has pedals that propel it; the electric motor won't assist you when you're travelling more than 25 km/h (15.5mph); and the power doesn't exceed 250 watts.
Activity Conditions and requirements
SportActive will organise accommodation and activities. The price is inclusive with the following exceptions:
- Cycle hire is extra.
- On walking trips there will be a small additional charge for local taxis to walk starts and return to hotel. (these may apply to certain tours)
- Participants are responsible for their own insurance.
- All participants are responsible for their own safety.
- All participants (cycling) must at all times obey the rules of the road.
- Body height measurement is compulsory for correct bike size allocation
- SportActive can not confirm bike hire without the bike hire deposit
- All SportActive activities are non competitive
- All participants are responsible for their own fitness/health to take part in an active holiday
- SportActive will accept no responsibility for accidents or injury to participants during the trip.
- Martin Birney (UK Mobile) 0044/ (0)75 997 191 79
- Flora Mittermair (French Mobile) 0033 (0)6 99 79 12 54